Am I Really Ready?
In preparation of the upcoming Relay, I ran a local 5k race. That’s 3.2 miles, not a lot, but enough that it seemed to kick my trash. Here’s a few thoughts and questions that were going through my head:
- A 10 year old boy just ran right on by.
- Am I really barely passing this woman who’s walking?
- If I stop to drink this water, will I be able to start back up again?
- Mile #2, just 1 more to go. You can do it.
- That officer is kinda cute.
- Maybe if I follow in this guy’s footsteps, I can keep up. Never mind, not working.
- You can do this. You are woman, here you roar!
- I know that guy and he was doing the 10k, and he’s passing me. Ugh.
- #363, why can’t I just pass you? I’ve been following you for 3.1 miles!
- We’re getting close, I see the finish. Time to pick up the pace.
- The finish line is a lot farther than I thought when I started to pick up that pace.
- I’ve got to slow down, the finish is still too far away, and I’m going to fall down!
- I DID IT!! It’s over, I can stop!!
- OKAY, I’ve got some serious training to do. It’s on!